PRN Volunteer Opportunities
PRN Volunteer Opportunities POSITION DESCRIPTION: MEMBER, BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Position Title: Member, Board of Directors
- Background: Two positions have become open on the Board of Directors for Physicians for Responsible Negotiation LLC (PRN), a Delaware limited liability company formed by the American Medical Association in November 1999 to be a professional labor organization providing collective bargaining representation services to groups of employed physicians. The standing seven members of the PRN Board of Directors desire to have these positions filled by candidates active in organized medicine and enthusiastic about furthering PRN's mission.
Primary Purpose: To participate as a member of the governing body of PRN.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop insight into PRN activities, the collective bargaining process as it relates to employed physicians and the issues confronting both employed and self-employed physicians.
- Provide strategic vision and direction through the articulation of PRN's vision, goals, and direction, and ensure that these are reflected in the actions and decisions of PRN with respect to PRN's strategic plan consistent with the Board of Directors oversight responsibilities.
- Exercise independent judgment concerning PRN's business decisions and cast Director votes in accordance with such judgment.
- Provide proper financial oversight of PRN, approving budget priorities and ensuring that resource allocations reflect the strategic priorities and plans of PRN.
- Attend all face-to-face and telephonic Board of Director meetings.
- Serve as a PRN representative and presenter at meetings across the country.
- MD or DO degree required.
- Permanent or temporary license to practice required.
- Familiarity with physician health care policy issues required. Familiarity with physician collective bargaining issue highly preferred.
- Dedication to restoration of greater equity in bargaining power between employed physicians and their employers through the collective bargaining process required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and polished presentation skills required.
- Travel required.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume by September 13, 2002 to: PRN - Board of Directors Search Committee 515 N. State Street - 13th Floor Chicago, IL 60610
Please direct questions to Jill Poznick at 312-464-5583 or email@example.com